Friday, October 26, 2012

Hurricane prep by The General

I automatically assume that my house will lose power if anything more than a stiff breeze is forecast.  The defenses provided by a heavy treeline have their disadvantages.  My roommate has had to replace the fence on multiple occasions, which seems to upset her, and in my opinion, she usually ends up a little too comfortable with walking around in sweatpants and a headlamp.
I blend in with the trees.
Hurricane prep is a tightly run exercise in this household.  First, you take a look at your surroundings to identify any potential problem areas.
I like to teach the youngsters as I go.
Next, problem solve before the problems arise.
What if we need to keep warm?
Then, obtain your survival supplies.
Food - protein for strength

Food - carbs for energy.



Toilet paper.
"water" (it's clear and wet, isn't it?)
Create a safe sleeping area away from windows.
I test beds on dogs.

Security is also important, since hurricanes bring out hoodlums.
My middle name is Security.
The point is, hurricanes are more fun than people typically give them credit for.  Hunker down and quit your bitchin'.  Pansies.

No comments:

Post a Comment